½ onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 to 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
3 Tbls paprika
1 Tbls smoked paprika
1 Tbls marjoram
1 Tbls Cumin
1 C. sour cream
2 C. elbow macaroni
Salt & pepper
Optional—Crushed red pepper, parmesan cheese, and additional sour cream for topping
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a big pinch of kosher salt. Add macaroni and return water to a boil. After it returns to a boil, cook for 7 min.
2. While pasta is cooking, add approximately 1 Tbls olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add onions and red bell pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook until onions are translucent, but do not brown.
3. Add ground turkey to the skillet with the onions and peppers, crumble with a spatula or wooden spoon and cook through.
4. When the turkey is cooked, add the both kinds of paprika, marjoram, and cumin. Stir it until well combined.
5. Add the sour cream and stir, then add the drained pasta and mix until it all comes together. Taste and season, as needed.
6. Serve with toppings, as desired.